You and Your Unique Voice are Important Here
Imagine. A workplace that appreciates the uniqueness in each employee. A workplace that seeks out employees from different backgrounds and cultures, skills and experiences because it values the variety of perspectives and ideas a richly diverse workforce can bring.
That’s the heart and soul of UCU – great people from an array of backgrounds generate even greater ideas. It inspires us to advocate for one another and seek solutions that benefit us all.
That’s a great place to work.
We keep learning, collaborating, and sharing what we know with colleagues, members and our communities, because we see building relationships as a continuous journey to financial wellness.
Connecting with Our Community
Our commitment to create and embrace a diverse and inclusive world goes beyond our own walls and into the communities with which we serve. We will listen, support and join in with other community organizations and businesses as a way to broaden our experiences outside of the office and make a positive impact on members and the communities in which they live. We have an unwavering commitment to our members and member businesses. We believe deeply in giving back to our communities through volunteerism, corporate giving and creating strong community partnerships.
We are stronger together, and we want U with us!
Financial Services for All
We offer financial products and services that change lives. With focus on access, transparency and affordability we are here for those who need us the most, people with past financial struggles and anyone who needs a financial friend.
We understand that every member’s situation is unique — no two people’s hopes, dreams, desires or challenges are the same. We serve a wide population of members with differing needs and circumstances and therefore offer products with a wide range of features to meet those needs. We provide access to education, tools and resources to help members make fully informed decisions, and we provide members with easy-to-understand information.
- Fee prevention. We actively help members avoid paying fees. For example, our debit card transactions are processed in the order they are received, unlike many financial institutions that post larger amounts first to increase chances of an overdraft.
- No ATM fees. We don’t charge a fee to anyone using our ATMs to access their hard-earned money.
- Checking accounts that reward you. Our Kasasa account suite offers a variety of rewards, making your hard earned money work for you!
- Credit building. We help young people and anyone starting out to build a strong financial foundation with our low-limit, unsecured loans.
- Financial counseling. We offer complimentary, no-obligation credit counseling and webinars on financial literacy for members and non-members.
- Mortgage and Home Loan options. We have a variety of options to support our members throughout their lives.
- First-time Home Buyer Education. Learn everything you need to know about the home buying process at First Time Home Buyer course. Completion of the course may make you eligible for the $5,000 Maine State Housing Advantage grant to apply towards closing costs.
- Affordable Vehicle Financing. We’re local, so we make all our auto financing decisions locally – to get you a loan decision fast and deliver the flexibility you need to customize your auto loan, especially for you.
- Skip-A-Pay Program. Offered year round, allowing you some extra flexibility when you need it!
- Private Education Loans and student loan consolidation. When traditional student loans, scholarships, and grants don't quite cover tuition at the college of your dreams, a private education loan can help fill the gap and we can simplify when paying multiple lenders.