First-Time Home Buyer Course
Learn everything you need to know about the home buying process with our popular course with HoMEworks! Attending this course could make you eligible for the $3,500 Maine State Housing Advantage grant to apply towards closing costs. What you'll learn:
- The home buying process
- Money management and the costs involved
- Goal setting and preparing for homeownership
- How to qualify and obtain a mortgage loan
- Lender's view: Determining creditworthiness and affordability
- What to expect at closing
- How to avoid being ripped off
"I can't stress enough how important attending the First Time Home Buyers class was in preparing me for this endeavor. All the information provided from types of loans, home inspections, insurance and much more helped lay the ground work for me to purchase this new home. On top of the information learned, the $3500 from the Maine State House Program was an amazing addition to an already awesome learning experience. Thank you all for the work you did and will continue to do."
Vincent – Casco, Maine
UCU will be at the following classes and teach the lending and credit portions of the course. We are proud to provide these courses as a resource.
All courses are 8 hours in length.