Private Education Loan
Private education loans fill the gap between the cost of school attendance and traditional funding sources like scholarships, grants, Stafford and PLUS loans and other federal loans.
- 0% Origination Fee
- 0% Default Fee
- No Prepayment Penalty
- 3 Repayment Options: Principal and Interest, Interest only payment until the end of the in-school period, and deferred payment until the end of the in-school period
- Manage your account 24/7 at aessuccess.org
- Available for full and part-time undergraduate students
- Student must be a Maine resident or attend college in Maine
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or national, a U.S. permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Student must be enrolled in a degree program and in attendance at least part-time as determined by the school
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress, which is determined by the school
- Students must be eligible for Title IV Programs
- Student and guarantor must be a University Credit Union member in good standing
- Funds must be paid directly to the school
- Student and guarantor must meet credit requirements
Variable interest rate based upon an index of the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate plus a specified margin.
Interest Rate adjusts on the first day of each calendar quarter based upon the index value published 5 business days preceding the start of the calendar quarter.
- The minimum loan amount is $1,500 per academic year
- You may borrow up to $40,000 per academic year**
- The maximum aggregate of private education loans per student or guarantor cannot exceed $200,000
- Your school will be required to certify this amount and the final approved loan amount could be less than the amount requested
If you have questions about your application, feel free to contact UCU or CampusDoor at 855-210-8174.
Edfinancial Contact Information
Customer Service for applications prior to Nov. 4th, 2013:
M-Th: 8:30AM - 8:00PM
F: 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Payments for applications prior to Nov. 4th, 2013:
Knoxville, TN 37995-8055
PO Box 36014
Knoxville, TN 37930-6014
American Education Services Contact Information
Customer Service for present applications:
M-F: 7:30 AM - 9 PM EST
Payments for present applications:
American Education Services
Harrisburg, PA 17130-0001
American Education Services
PO Box 2461
Harrisburg, PA 17105-2461
For questions about the online application process for Private Education Loans, please contact UCU at 800.696.8628 or Campus Door at 855.210.8174.
* Other terms and conditions may apply, please review the Master Promissory Note for more specific information regarding UCU's Private Education Loan Program. **Loan maximums may vary based on school and default rate. Other terms and conditions apply.