ORONO, Maine (July 25, 2022) – Annually, University Credit Union (UCU) awards scholarships to students from each University of Maine System institution and Maine Maritime Academy to support students’ pursuit of higher education.
“Congratulations to all of the scholarship recipients, we want to wish them the best of luck as they begin the fall semester,” said Renee Ouellette, president and CEO of UCU. “To all of the students who are pursuing their goals through higher education, you continue to inspire us all. We won’t stop rooting for you, and we look forward to your future successes!”
For 2022, the following students received a $1,000 scholarship from University Credit Union:
- Kasy Brault, of Strong, ME will attend the University of Maine at Presque Isle to study Early Childhood Education.
- Riley Gray, of Livermore Falls, ME will attend the University of Maine at Augusta to study Dental Hygiene.
- Henry Hilton, of Wilton, ME will attend the University of Maine at Farmington to study School Health Education.
- Robin Illian, of Portland, ME will attend the University of Southern Maine to study Nursing.
- William Maines, of Gray, ME will attend the University of Maine at Fort Kent to study Forestry.
- Pacifique Munyabarame, of Machias, ME will attend the University of Maine at Machias to study Biology and Chemistry.
- Birte Speck, of Orono, ME will attend the University of Maine to study Psychology and Exercise Science.
- Emma White, of Castine, ME will attend Maine Maritime Academy to study Marine Engineering Technology.
For more information about the UCU Scholarship, visit ucumaine.com/scholarship.
About University Credit Union
Established on the University of Maine campus in 1967, University Credit Union is an innovative, full-service financial institution with a mission to actively advance the financial well-being of our members in every stage of their lives. UCU is the seventh largest credit union in Maine in terms of total assets, sixth in total members, and has retail locations across the state located in Orono, Bangor, Farmington, Gorham, Portland, and Presque Isle. For more information visit ucumaine.com.