Lineback Overdraft Protection Line of Credit – Buy Now, Pay Later!
Everyone makes mistakes, but at UCU, we’re here to give you the solution you need to make those minor mistakes easier to handle. With our Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit, you’ve got the breathing room to avoid costly merchant returned check fees associated with overdrafts on checking accounts or money market accounts. Having the Linebacker Overdraft Protection allows you to make your purchase and not worry about paying until later.
Linebacker Overdraft Protection Line of Credit
Our Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit is a line of credit that helps you handle the occasional mistake of making a transaction that overdraws your account.
- Linked to your money market or checking accounts
- Covers the cost of bounced checks to prevent merchant return check fees
- Credit limits up to $5,000 available
- Provides loan advances of $100 increments
- Protects you when you make check writing errors resulting in insufficient funds
The Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit is always available to you if you need it. You can have peace of mind that you’ll be protected in case of a mistake. It gives you the power to buy now and pay later.
Get Started Now.
Simply complete a quick and easy application for our Linebacker Overdraft Protection Line of Credit for the protection you need.
How Our Linebacker Overdraft Protection Line of Credit Can Help
Every once in a while, it happens. You’re going on about your day, making transactions with checks from your bank or credit union checking accounts. Unfortunately, you didn’t realize your checking accounts balances were getting low. You wrote several checks for more than you had in your account. This one mistake overdraws your account with several transactions, which means each merchant will charge an expensive returned check fee. You’ll also be charged overdraft fees by your bank or credit union.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
The Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit gives you an extra layer of protection as you manage your personal finances. Here’s how it works.
In the same situation, you’re making transactions with checks written from your money market or checking accounts, which overdraws your account. Your Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit covers the gap by transferring enough funds to cover the transactions, in increments of $100 up to a total of $5,000, into your money market or checking accounts.
This means the merchant transactions are covered. There will be no merchant returned check fees – and no insufficient funds fee that many credit unions and banks charge. Instead, you’ll pay interest on the borrowed amount until it’s repaid, just like with any line of credit or credit cards.
Reasons It’s Easy to Overdraw Your Account
Unfortunately, it’s all too easy to overdraw an account, and there are many reasons why it happens. Here are some of those reasons and additional ways to avoid overdrafts.
|Ways to help|
|You couldn't make your paycheck deposit in time||Take advantage of mobile banking check deposit or direct deposit|
|You weren’t aware of your checking account balance||Log in to online banking – or download the mobile banking app to make it easy to check your balance anywhere|
|You knew your account would be overdrawn but felt like you had no choice||At UCU, we’re here for you and can discuss with you the most affordable ways to get cash for emergencies and to learn personal finance skills|
|You made a mistake in how you were keeping track of your checking account balance||Using UCU digital banking can help minimize those mistakes – because your balance is tracked automatically for you|
Smart Strategies for Avoiding Overdrafts
While you can’t always avoid overdrafts, there are proactive steps you can take to minimize your chances of overdrawing your account.
- Keep a cushion of cash. Building an emergency fund is essential. These savings can double as a cushion to protect you against bank overdrafts when linking your savings account to your checking account.
- Spend within your means and use credit cards wisely. Not only is this important for your credit score, but it can also help you better manage your personal finances and lessen the likelihood that you’ll have an unexpectedly large bill that you simply can’t cover.
- Create a budget. This additional step can help you be more mindful of how much you spend on different products and services, making it even easier to keep a target balance in your account. Learn more about budgeting in our educational resource, U Financially Fit from EverFi.
To open your Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit, simply click to complete our overdraft protection line of credit application. This quick and easy online application takes just minutes. If you have any questions about our Linebacker Overdraft Protection line of credit, give us a call at 800-696-8628.