January 13, 2022
Was one of your New Year’s Resolutions to become more financially savvy? Or maybe you feel like you just need to brush up on some financial topics? Here at UCU, we strongly believe in financial education and we are committed to providing our members with the tools they need to attain personal financial success. With U Financially Fit, you can start fresh this year with a strong plan to help you reach your financial goals. We have designed our modules so that we have something for everyone! Here are just 10 examples of modules to help get U Financially Fit in the New Year:
- Buying a Home – Everyone’s journey to homeownership is different, but there are some common things that every homebuyer should prepare for before they jump in. Click here to bring you to the home of this engaging financial fitness topic.
- Credit Scores and Reports – Your credit score can have a big impact on your financial life. Understanding how credit scores work can help you achieve your financial goals. Click here to run a report on your knowledge of credit scores.
- Preparing for Retirement – Research shows that most people don’t have enough saved for retirement. You may be in this position, but it’s never too late to start saving! To learn more about preparing for retirement, click here.
- Identity Protection – Identity theft and consumer fraud can happen to anyone at any time. It’s important to learn how to protect your identity and what steps to take if your personal information is stolen. Click here to learn more about how to protect yourself from identity theft.
- Creating a Budget – Do you run out of money before the end of the month? Creating a budget can help you know where your money is going instead of wondering where it went. Budget yourself some time to engage in this financial fitness topic.
- Auto Loans – Buying a car is a big decision that may feel intimidating or confusing. Explore the details of car loans and the steps involved when applying for and choosing your options. Click here to drive you to this engaging module.
- Shopping for Insurance – Life is unpredictable, but having insurance is one precaution you can take to make sure you’re prepared for whatever comes your way! To ensure you get the knowledge on this topic, click here.
- Paying for College – It may seem like the cost of college is out of reach, but with a little bit of research, planning, and saving, you can figure how to pay for the college education you’ve always wanted for yourself or your family. Click here to graduate with the knowledge from this module.
- Savings Accounts – Choosing a savings account can be simple enough, but with a little extra research you can make an informed decision to help you maximize your money! To save yourself some time accessing this engaging financial fitness topic, click here.
- Building Emergency Savings – When things are going well, emergency savings can seem unimportant. But you don’t want to be caught unprepared when the unexpected hits! Click here to access this module and begin preparing for any unexpected financial situations.
To check out all of the modules U Financially Fit has to offer, click here.